Wednesday 21 March 2007

Confessions about blogging and some stuff about PHP (and bookstores)

Tim keeps reminding us to blog. I don't need reminding really - I remind myself all the time, I just never get around to doing it. I would like to think I can sit down and create a well thought out piece of genius... and that takes time, so I end up never blogging about anything - and here's the relevance to my MIM degree... I am a prefectionist and that makes me a procrastinator. Very relevant to the (un)successful completion of a degree, don't you think?

Anyway, over the next few days I intend to get around to blogging about all the things I have made handwritten notes about after each of Tim's lectures. (It's true! These notes do exist!)

In the meantime, some useful PHP-related sites/pages I have come across can be found at:

I could extend on that last point - the point about purchase referrals and linking purchasing habits to a user's login. This "intelligence" is a little limited. Using the Amazon example again - if it were a "bricks and mortar" bookstore, I could walk into that bookstore looking at books on crochet for my mum, and WWII for my dad. If I buy these books, it doesn't mean that I want to be mailed every time a new crochet or WWII book is published, nor does it mean that people interested in crochet are necessarily interested in WWII.

(I can't help but feel that blogging is one part useful, and nine parts "wank") ;)

No comments: