Tuesday 13 March 2007

Proposed Project for Digital Media Technologies

For my project I would like to create PHP pages to update an online ad (built out of Flash), which uses XML script to feed values into the ad.

An ad for an airline might need to have ticket prices updated every few hours – without using dynamic data, a new Flash creative would need to be built each time, and re-trafficked etc. An alternative would be to build a Flash “shell” that read an XML file, and the XML file could be updated via PHP script that would change the values of the fields/XML placeholders.

There could also be log files created that displayed what time/date changes where made and what values were updated. Log files could be replaced by a MySQL database. Not sure if creating log files or a MySQL database for this project is realistic, or if I would be over-extending myself (probably the latter).

I intend to create the PHP pages and the XML script. I can have a colleague of mine create a simple Flash shell (I have almost no ActionScript knowledge and it is not part of this course’s syllabus).

No comments: